EUROPE, UNIMA PROJECTS - 28/10/2019
4 Creations 4 continents – PUPPETt.NET network: “When youth reinvents heritage”. December 9-21 in Amiens, France.
PUPPETt.NET is an European network dedicated to the issues of transmission and training of young artists in Europe. It is also an approach to networking and professionalizing in the field of puppetry for young people with a wide range of backgrounds (self-taught, professionalizing students, public mediators, etc.) . PUPPETt.NET’s partners are the Tas de Sable – Ches Panses Vertes (Amiens, France), UNIMA and its Europe Commission (Charleville-Mézières, France), THE TOPIC (Tolosa, Spain), SYNKOINO (Veria, Greece) and the Festival of Göttingen PuppetTheatre (Germany). It is supported by Amiens Metropole and the Ministry of Culture (France – DGCA’s Office for European and International Action).
PUPPETt.NET aims to bring together young European professionals around:
- A cycle of training on traditional techniques (2018-2019)
- An artistic creation that is an integral part of the process, with creative residencies with our partners in France, Germany, Greece and Spain and which will be presented in Bali in April 2020 at the next UNIMA Congress (2019-2020)
- Time for exchanges and sharing experiences, foreshadowing the establishment of a European network of training and companionship
- Monday, December 9 to Saturday, December 14, 2019: workshop “From dramaturgy to puppet or object staging”, directed by Sylvie Baillon – 15 participants
- Monday, December 16 to Saturday, December 21, 2019: Work begins on Marcos Nicolaïewsky’s text Customs: different explorations, sound work, constructions, rehearsals, light work.
- Training by confronting cultural practices and approaches around traditional techniques and their professional exploitation.
- Work collaboratively on tools to highlight the particularity of these means of writing on the board.
- Contribute to a common framework that highlights the specificity of the puppeteer’s profession, practices and know-how
- A page (no more) presenting elements of your journey and your motivations to participate.
- Add, if you wish, 2 or 3 photos of your artistic universe.
- February 17-23: European Creative Residence 1, Gottingen, Germany
- March 4 to 10 : European Creative Residence 2, Veria,Greece,
- April 4 to 10 : European Creative Residence 3, Tolosa, Spain, TOPIC
- April 12 to 19: Creation at the UNIMA Congress in Bali